Head of Developer Relations
Head of Developer Relations
Location: London, Soho
Industry: Blockchain | Tech
Salary Range: Industry leading base, crypto LTIP (Tezos tokens) and great benefits
We are looking for a Head of Developer Relations to build and lead a team of developers and blockchain advocates to execute its strategy. This is a newly created position and this person will be a senior leader within our growing business reporting to the Head of Engineering.
The Developer Relations team work across the following broad goals;
- Develop apps and smart contracts so new developers can easily onboard with. Provide them with tools so they are set up for success.
- Directly own and drive developer adoption of Tezos and set strategy for multiple teams building for Tezos.
- Assist in solutioning and supporting external developers seeking to build on the Tezos blockchain have access to the best tooling, education materials and support systems possible.
- To proactively engage with the developer community to promote the Tezos blockchain, via events, trainings, webinars and hackathons
This role will require the candidate to develop a thorough technical understanding of the Tezos blockchain. Existing knowledge of blockchain technology is required.
- Lead a team of developers and advocates and set their roadmap and direction.
- Create an inspiring vision and strategy for developer success and empower the team to deliver on it.
- Work in partnership with our business development teams to execute your vision and also to support BAU deals.
- Define, track, and report on goals and success metrics for the team's performance and impact.
- Use your industry knowledge to help the team build strategies for different developer markets.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and engineering to align strategies and priorities.
- Have a strong foundation in Web3 with strong understanding of blockchain and dApp development
- Experience leading engineering teams and love doing it; you feel passionate about empowering people and seeing them succeed.
- Enjoy tinkering with code and getting in the technical depths of open source software.
- Live and breathe the developer world, can empathise with them and the challenges they face, and are excited to help them succeed.
- Bias for action and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Comfortably navigate collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and marketing teams.
- Great verbal and written communicator and are skilled at adjusting your message for different audiences.
- Double matching of pension contribution up to 10% of gross salary
- Top Private medical insurance for you and your family
- Up to £2,700 pa gross contribution towards office travel
- Life assurance policy
- 25 days holiday (plus an additional day for your birthday)
- Workplace perks, such as free lunch, snacks and drinks, and an onsite gym
We care deeply about our culture and have developed it across five key pillars:
Autonomy: we believe in hiring great people, then giving them the space and flexibility to work in the way that’s best for them. We will agree on goals, and then expect you to decide how you want to pursue those goals.
Collaboration: as a fast growing small business we all work together across multiple workstreams. We have a flat structure and encourage frank discussion, honesty and openness.
Learning and development: the blockchain space is developing at an incredibly fast rate. Having a growth mentality and being open to continuous learning is an important part of our culture. It’s always OK to not know the answer to something and have to do some research! We cement this by offering more formal perks to help fund employees’ continued education.
Diversity and Inclusion: inclusiveness is one of our blockchain’s core strengths, and in the same way we are committed to inclusiveness across all diversity dimensions. We are also actively looking for talent outside of the immediate blockchain space. What we primarily look for is general markers of excellence and ambition.
Mission driven: we believe that the Tezos blockchain is going to change the world and our goal is to promote its adoption. Blockchain technology will power new positive change, increase the democratisation of previously restricted systems and create transparency and trust.