Software Engineer (Unity)
Software Engineer (Gaming)
Location: London, Soho
Industry: Blockchain | Tech
Salary Range: Industry leading base, crypto LTIP (Tezos tokens) and great benefits
TriliTech is a Tezos blockchain research and development hub based in London, UK. We are on a mission to advance the state of the art in blockchain technology, building the most scalable, secure and energy-efficient decentralised platform in the world.
Tezos is an open-source platform for assets and applications that can evolve by upgrading itself. We are one of the original proof of stake smart contract layer one blockchains. Since launching in 2018, Tezos has been utilised for hundreds of projects, attracted a vibrant, global community, and logged millions of transactions. Our proof of stake design means it can operate in an energy efficient manner, consuming over two-million times less energy than popular proof of work networks.
Our current corporate partners include Redbull Racing, McLaren, Ubisoft, Societe Generale and many others. Projects built on the Tezos blockchain include Hic Et Nunc, Objkt.com, OneOf and Kukai.
Our games team is looking for a Software Engineer (Gaming) to work on our cutting-edge Unity SDK. This is not your average SDK maintenance gig, you'll work alongside our Head of Gaming, Engineering Manager and Product Manager to build next generation features for Web3 games.
You will have the freedom to collaborate with engineers, experiment with new ideas and put them into production to elevate the experience of game developers in the Tezos ecosystem.
It’s an opportunity to work at the forefront of innovation in blockchains and help shape the future of Web3 gaming.
- A true passion for gaming and a thorough understanding of the gaming industry
- Strong development experience - especially on C/C++/C#/Java/Python
- Experience working on Unity (Unreal as a bonus)
- Strong computer fundamentals (e.g. algorithms, data structures and concurrency)
- Good communication skills and a passion for collaboration and innovation is essential
- Competitive programming (e.g. ACM, IOI, ICPC) and/or problem solving (e.g. IMO, Putnam) is a plus.
- Maths background is an asset
- Blockchain experience, Tezos (even better)
You will have the opportunity to;
- Become an expert in blockchain technologies
- Actively learn about the intersection between games and blockchain with a team of highly talented engineers and operators
- Spend 20% of your time working on blockchain-related passion projects
You will also receive;
- Double matching of pension contribution up to 10% of gross salary
- Top Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Up to £2,700 pa gross contribution towards office travel
- Life assurance policy
- 25 days holiday (plus an additional day for your birthday)
- Workplace perks, such as free lunch, snacks and drinks, and an onsite gym
Desire to win: our highly competitive industry is driven by strong winner-take-all effects. We need to be the best.
Sense of urgency: our industry is fast paced, so we need to move quickly to stay ahead of the competition.
Ownership mindset: we take pride in what we do. We take the initiative — without waiting for others to act to bring about positive outcomes — and we’re accountable for the results.
Pragmatism: we prioritise and evaluate based on impact and concrete results.
Communication: we broadcast to our colleagues our progress and our struggles often and eagerly. Because someone might need to know, someone might be able to help, we avoid information silos.
We care deeply about our culture and have developed it across five key pillars:
Autonomy: we believe in hiring great people, then giving them the space and flexibility to work in the way that’s best for them. We will agree on goals, and then expect you to decide how you want to pursue those goals.
Collaboration: as a fast growing small business we all work together across multiple workstreams. We have a flat structure and encourage frank discussion, honesty and openness.
Learning and development: the blockchain space is developing at an incredibly fast rate. Having a growth mentality and being open to continuous learning is an important part of our culture. It’s always OK to not know the answer to something and have to do some research! We cement this by offering more formal perks to help fund employees’ continued education.
Diversity and Inclusion: inclusiveness is one of our blockchain’s core strengths, and in the same way we are committed to inclusiveness across all diversity dimensions. We are also actively looking for talent outside of the immediate blockchain space. What we primarily look for is general markers of excellence and ambition.
Mission driven: we believe that the Tezos blockchain is going to change the world and our goal is to promote its adoption. Blockchain technology will power new positive change, increase the democratisation of previously restricted systems and create transparency and trust.